Jul 21, 2014

Monday Garden Update

Good morning! Last week was unseasonably wonderful. One day we didn't even get into the 80s. Bryan and I did our quiet time on the back patio nearly every day. One night we even had a fire. It was glorious. This week we should be back to normal Memphis in July weather and I guess that's okay.



This morning's harvest included: 1 jet star tomato, 2 chocolate bell peppers, 4 cucumbers, 1 green bean, and a handful of edamame.





The real story in the garden right now is tomatoes. As in they are finally growing! Hallelujah!



There are a ton of baby tomatoes in this mess.







Lima beans are finally filling out a little bit as well.



The green beans are looking healthy, but we are only getting 1 or 2 at a time.

The good news is that I'm not battling weeds right now. I am battling an overabundance of cucumbers. Please, someone remind me in April or May of next year to NOT PLANT SO MANY CUCUMBER PLANTS! Two weeks ago I put up four pints of pickles. There are a number of smaller cucumbers on the vine and I'm going to have to make more in the next day or two. Related: what's your favorite pickle recipe?

No comments: