Jul 11, 2014

New music: Fox Images '74-'84

As part of my 30 before 30 goal I wanted to spent more time this year immersing myself in music, specifically new to me music. I hope to post a few of my findings here for you. I'm not a music reviewer so don't expect any titillating review or anything.

I was in the car listening to NPR a few weeks ago (a rare occurrence these days) and heard a story about a band and I liked the music they sampled. At the next light I quickly jotted what I thought was the band name on my Evernote list. This week I eagerly pulled up artist "Fox" on Spotify and listened to the most recent album, Images '74-'84. Huh, I thought, that's an interesting album name. Turns out, this is not the same band I heard on NPR, but a British band from the mid 70's. I won't tell you how long it took me to figure this out.

But I guess the cool thing about that embarrassing story is that the music sounds totally current. The main singers voice is a little higher and sharper than I normally enjoy, but it's not off putting.

Favorite songs: Only You Can,  Love Ship

When to listen: dinner party, porch times

No comments: