Jul 18, 2014

New Music: Old 97's Most Messed Up

As part of my 30 before 30 goal I wanted to spent more time this year immersing myself in music, specifically new to me music. I hope to post a few of my findings here for you. I'm not a music reviewer so don't expect any titillating review or anything.

On Sunday the Old 97s are playing at the  Levitt Shell. I've loved their music for years, but haven't had a chance to listen to their stuff lately. I thought with the concert coming up I'd dedicate some time to listening to music I might not have heard yet. Turns out they have a new album, Most Messed Up.

This album sounds just like their older stuff. Same rockin' alt-country feel. Several songs feature drankin' such as "Let's Get Drunk and Get It On" which is fun. And there's some language, such as "Most Messed Up". But it's a fun album.

When to listen: pre-gamin, weekends, porch times

No comments: