Nov 28, 2014

New Music: Hozier

As part of my 30 before 30 goal I wanted to spent more time this year immersing myself in music, specifically new to me music. I hope to post a few of my findings here for you. I'm not a music reviewer so don't expect any titillating review or anything.

You know how I was in a music slump? Joanna at Cup of Jo posted this last week at the perfect time! I added 20 new-to-me bands to my "to listen" list from the comments!  First up, Hozier, who was recommended over and over and over again.

Some songs remind me of the Black Keys and some remind me of those singer-songwriter guys we used to listen to in college (Jason Mraz, Josh Kelly, etc), but his love of blues is obvious throughout the whole self titled album. It's hard to believe he's actually Irish.

Favorite Songs: Take Me To Church, Someone New

When to Listen: doing things around the house (such as making three pies for Thanksgiving, oh wait, just me?), road trippin

No comments: