Nov 21, 2014

New Music: Mount Moriah's Miracle Temple

As part of my 30 before 30 goal I wanted to spent more time this year immersing myself in music, specifically new to me music. I hope to post a few of my findings here for you. I'm not a music reviewer so don't expect any titillating review or anything.

We've reached the point in this exercise where I'm a bit burnt out. Hence a month long break a few weeks back. So now I'm just going through my list of music to listen to and choosing them randomly.  This week's listen is Mount Moriah's album from 2013. I have it noted that it was one of Pitchfork's best albums of 2013. Yup, I'm now officially a whole year behind. Whatevs.

Since it's been a while since I've sampled their music to put on my list I wasn't sure what to expect. Somehow I wasn't expecting a twangy, nearly country sound. Although they are from North Carolina, there is a Southern rock influence to the sound.

While not my favorite listen of the year, it is refreshing to be exposed to different sounds. It's not an album I'll be purchasing, but I did enjoy listening to it. If you enjoy a strong lady voice with a twangy sound, then this band will be for you.

When to listen: road trippin', background music as you work, cooking

No comments: