Jan 6, 2015

Cooking 2014


I thought I'd do a cooking recap for 2014 today. As I have these blog post ideas I mark it on my calendar for the day of the post. This morning over coffee and pound cake I flipped through my meal journal. Yes, a la Dinner A Love Story. 


It's an interesting exercise to go back and see how you've cooked for an extended period  of time. 

I found we ate out a lot this year. Second Line, Chiwawa, and Molly's seem to be the most frequently visited. All three are within walking distance of our house so that's no surprise. 

When I did cook we were very veggie heavy. I've spent the last two years trying to decrease our meat consumption and the CSA certainly helped in this area as well. 

I was not as adventurous as I'd like this past year. Being pregnant half the year and heavy travel the first half of the year really put a damper on my home cooking. 

Favorite recipes were bolognese in the colder months, fresh tomato sauce during the summer, tomato pie with sausage, and sausage  and potato soup. 

Looking forward I'd like to be more adventurous and consistent in my cooking, but with a baby due any day now I'm not going to make any promises. 

How did you cook this year? How often is too often to eat out?


No comments: