Apr 13, 2015

Garden Update

Happy Monday! 

This weekend I was able to work on herbs and potatoes. 

Last year I had several hearty herbs in the cinder block holes. I love how they are functional, especially since they aren't much to look at. The cinder blocks, not the herbs. Currently the strawberry, oregano, and sage are flourishing. A thyme and mint are doing well. It looks like my apple mint, cilantro and parsley are coming back! This makes me particularly happy. Last year was the first year I had success with parsley. It thrived until December. 

On Saturday I added some fresh dirt to some of the empty holes and planted parsley, mint and dill seeds. I'm looking forward to more herbs this year. 

It was also potato time. 


I had cut them the other day. They looked really shriveled. I don't remember them looking this sad last year. 

I planted Desiree and La Ratte varieties in a bed and also the buckets I used last year. 


We'll see how they turn out. I'm not putting too many eggs in the potato basket if you know what I mean. 


Here's a glimpse of my garlic sprouts. These make me happy. I love seeing something grow. Carrots are sprouting but it's hard to tell unless your face is about one foot away from them. 

So that's what's happening in the garden. 



No comments: