Apr 23, 2015

Grizz Growl Towel Bib - Naptime Craftime

One day last week I was feeling the itch to create. Before Charlie I would occasionally get my hands busy with some sort of creative endeavor. Whether gardening, sewing, arranging, cooking, pretty much anything. But it has been a while since I've done anything extra creative and it was starting to get to me. I wanted to paint! And I have no drawing or painting skills.

If you follow basketball you know it's playoff time. We love the Memphis Grizzlies and are excited for their playoff run this year. We have a stack of Growl Towels from previous years and I thought maybe I could do something with one of them.



I broke out my sewing basket and the sewing machine and got to work. First I cut off a strip of towel at the top and bottom to make straps. I sewed up the rough edges and then sewed the straps to the top of the towel.



Here Roux models it for me.



And here's Charlie putting it to use. It's a bit long horizontally for a traditional bib. He loves to have his hands up by his face during feeding time. But for something I whipped up in under an hour and got to enjoy some creative time, I think it's okay.

No comments: